A digital content supply chain entails the whole process of planning, creating, managing and deploying digital content such as videos and images/photos to your desired channels and target audiences. It’s as Bill Gates said: “Content is King”. To be able to target specific groups and create personalized experiences, you need content – lots of it. It needs to be of high-quality, available in different formats, adjusted to different audiences, and engaging people across numerous channels.
This is usually achieved through what you might call a “Media Service Platform”, or in the case of Vidispine: VidiNet. It’s Vidispine’s own digital media/content supply chain, supporting your content production through the whole process, allowing you to use the VidiCore API as a fully managed cloud service. The Vidinet advantage includes:
- Cloud native services and centralized cloud storage
- Dynamic scalability – both upwards and downwards
- “Pay for what you use”-price model and cost predictability
- Access to third-party tools for editing and transcoding
- Sophisticated search functionality
- Cognitive services for automated watermarking, image tagging and face recognition
- Advanced video QC
The big up-and-comer within the B2B industry, and the thing we at Vidispine also specialize at, is video. Video content has become an important aspect of every business, simply because the consumption of video content is steadily increasing. It’s estimated that a person will spend approximately 100 minutes watching online videos by 2021, as compared to the 84 minutes we spent in 2019 – and the evidence points towards that it will continue to increase. Here are the reasons why you need a digital content supply chain to support your video content production:
- People prefer watching rather than reading content online
- A video is able to tell a more compelling story, adding colors that can’t be replicated in a text or a single image
- A video educates and informs. What would you prefer: reading a “How-To” instruction, or watching it together with some visual feedback?
- People do business with other people. A video allows for a more personal connection and a visual representation approach
- Videos makes a website more “sticky”, as it tends to increase how long and how many pages a user visits
To be able to handle this process – you need a rigorous approach to your content strategy, and an architectural way of thinking. Which is what Vidispine is here to help you with. Together with Vidispine you get access to the required resources, software and programs to be able to create and effectivize your digital supply content delivery and create digital content at scale.
We give you the necessary tools to design a digital content supply chain according to your organization’s needs, helping you plan, create, manage, and distribute both video, photo, image and textual content. With Vidispine you will be able to reduce waste, drive out costs, and achieve efficiencies by:
- Maximizing resource productivity
- Developing standardized processes
- Eliminating duplicate efforts