This privacy statement provides an overview of how the Arvato Systems Group* (hereinafter referred to as „Arvato Systems or we“) processes your personal data as you use VidiNet (www.vidinet.net) (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”) or support for the Service (via support.vidispine.com, apidoc.vidispine.com, vidispine.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/user, dropzone.vidispine.com) (hereinafter referred to as the “Support Websites”) from Arvato Systems.
When a company tries, subscribes to, or uses the Service, or obtains support for the Service, Arvato Systems receives information about you and collects and generates data to provide the Service and support, to conduct its legitimate business operations and to communicate with the company. In this context, Arvato Systems is a controller for some of the personal data processed in the Service and on the Support Websites, and at the same time, it is a processor on behalf of your company that created a client account and provided you with an administrator account for the Services.
Please find below more information about Arvato Systems’ processing of personal data within the Service and the Support Websites, who is accountable for which processing, as well as about your rights and how you can contact Arvato Systems.
What Data Is Collected for Which Purposes?
Visiting the Service and Support Websites:
- When you visit our Support Websites or the Service, the data of the computer you use to access our website is automatically logged for error analysis and security purposes
- We ask you to give consent to place cookies for marketing and web analysis purposes which help us to optimize the Service and the Support Websites and its user interface as well as to personalize or simplify your user experience
Arvato Systems processes these information about you as a controller. Please find here more information about this processing and your rights: visitors of the website.
Contacting Sales and Support:
- When you as your company representative work with an Arvato Systems sales representative or when you are interested in professional services from Arvato Systems, we collect the contact information provided by you or your company (like name, email, phone number if applicable) along with information about the company intending to place the order in order to entering into a contract with your company
- When you as your company representative interact with a support representative of Arvato Systems (for example, through our support ticketing system), we collect contact data and information about your support request in order to answer your request or diagnose and resolve your problem.
- When Arvato Systems sends messages to you in connection with the use of the Service or its support we use the data to personalize the content of the message
- We use your contact data to send you information about our own similar products or services
Arvato Systems processes these information about you as a controller. Please find here more information about this processing and your rights: Information on the Processing of Personal Data within conducting a business relationship
Creating a Client Account:
- When creating a client account in the Service (“sign up” process) you or your company provides us with your user name and e-mail address and password which Arvato Systems uses to identify you as the owner of the client account in the Service or sending announcements in connection with the use of the Service or contacting you for conversion to a paying client at the end of the trial period
- Within a client account, we collect contact, contract and billing information, the subscriptions ordered and usage data necessary for entering into, administering and managing the contract with your company and for billing of subscriptions and consumption
Arvato Systems processes these information about you as a controller. Please find here more information about this processing and your rights: (Information on the Processing of Personal Data within conducting a business relationship
Processing on behalf of your company:
- When you have been added or invited as an administrator to the Service, the party that created the client account in the Service (usually your company) controls your use of that Service, including but not limited to adding or removing you from that Service and managing permissions and Arvato Systems processes your data on behalf of your company
- When your company entered into a contract with Arvato Systems and you as your company representative enter personal information about you or others into the Service or into support requests Arvato Systems processes these data on behalf of your company
Arvato Systems processes these information as a processor on behalf of your company. Please direct any questions to your company about how personal data is processed within the Service. For more information see Data Privacy Statement of Arvato Systems as a Processor
Final / Version Information
As the Service and Support Websites evolve and new technologies are introduced to improve our service to you, changes to these privacy statements may be required. Therefore, we recommend that you review these privacy statements from time to time.